الاثنين، 24 يناير 2011

Abu Maher Al-Yamani

Abu Maher Al-Yamani



It hurts us to say that our old friend, brother and father and teacher of many generations of fighters, the symbol of Palestinian and Arab struggle and resistance is in a critical health condition… suffering of coma, and I see his old colleagues in struggle for the Palestinian Arab cause who preceded him to the other life, Al-Hakeems George Habash and Wadi3 Haddad and a long line of martyrs of the Palestinian Arab cause including his own brother, Abu Ali Mustapha, Basel Kubaisi and many many others whom they trained and nursed while struggling with the gun and the pen saw falling in the field of struggle against the Zionist enemy… I see all of them praying for him. Praying for a real brave and most honest man, who never lost hope for the liberation of Palestine.

Abu Maher never fatigued from struggle while still in Palestine, and insisted never to leave his land till he was was uprooted but the force of arms by the invading Zionist gangs, when he was put on the border of occupied Palestine forced with a gun pointed at his head ordered not even throw a look back at the occupied land.

Issam, his son, who is away, wrote the following words, begging him not to close his eyes once and forever till he returns and look into them while there is still life in them… Issam calls his father in the traditional Palestinian word for father “Yaba” wait for me.

To my father Abu Maher Al-Yamani
By; Issam Al-Yamani
Translated by: Adib S. Kawar

Today Father, is unlike any other day
Tentatively I looked at you picture
your hazel eyes
"chestnut” color
as mother used to say
The sun’s door in your eyes I saw
Sun is life
and your eye’s door is our life

O father
The sun’s door are your eyes
And here I miss you
waiting
for a worm moment, I am looking

Here father everything is cold:
Life
People
Faces
Looks
Whispers
Even touches are cold

The sun’s door are your eyes
and here I am
Where there is no smell
No smell for roses
For bread
For coffee
Even love here lacks smell

O father
A tear in the eyes
Don’t fear tears, father
A tear here
is contrary to anything else
warm.
taste
And smell it has

O father
Don’t care for the tear
in my voice,
it is what shortens distances
and you I miss
to with you live few moments
and till when shall I wait
from you without tears…
few words

The door I shall nock and enter
where in the sun
life I have
your eyes don’t close
before my arrival
anything then you can do
your eyes don’t close before my arrival

(Abu Maher al-Yamani, is presently lying in hospital in coma)

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق